Software Developer (C#, .NET) - Carmel Indiana
This C#/.NET Software Developer role is in Carmel Indiana. The Purpose of the Software Developer Senior is to work closely with the Product Managers, Solution Architects, Business Analyst, and Quality Assurance to produce high quality enterprise level web applications in software as a service model.
This C#/.NET Software Developer position is with a company that provides cloud-based loan origination software for bankers that's designed to empower financial institutions to generate growth, reduce risk and improve productivity and profitability.
Key Responsibilities for this Software Developer include:
- Design and Develop high-performance and impactful software to solve complex business problems
- Deliver highly functional systems and tools to support our financial SaaS platforms
- Identify and improve the efficiency, scalability, operability, and security of systems. Participate in design and code reviews
- Work closely with product management, design, quality assurance, and operations team to understand our customer needs, and effectively translate them to technical specifications
- Communicate complex technical concepts in a clear and concise way to non-technical counterparts
- Adopt, embrace, and promote agile, waterfall, and test-driven software development practices
- Reviews project proposals, evaluates alternatives, provides estimates and makes recommendations
- Analyzes program performance during execution while using various programming languages and techniques
- Identify potential process improvement areas and suggest options and recommends approaches
- Mentor and train associates
The successful Software Engineer will have the following skillset:
- BA or BS Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related field preferred
- Experience in software development, specifically web applications
- Strong C#, .NET, AZURE, SQL, RDMS, ETL, SSIS, MVC, OO Principles, HTML, CSS, and JQuery
- Strong knowledge of sound development practices - ability to communicate these to non-technical audience
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and debugging skills
- Strong time management skills - ability to work on multiple projects in same time frame.
- Strong willingness to collaborate and work with a team
- Strong knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Strong ability to mentor/train less experienced associates
- Knowledge of SCM systems and best practices
- Knowledge of Continues Integration Platform
- Experience with Business Objects is a plus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.