Anthem Internships &#8211; Sr Engineer in South Bend
We’re searching for leaders at all levels of the organisation who are committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our members and the communities we serve. You’ll flourish in a complicated, collaborative atmosphere where you can solve challenges and lead change by taking initiative and ownership. Do you want to be a part of a bigger picture and a high-performing culture that allows you to make a difference?
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- May own technical testing to ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Will begin to set direction at the project/service level and influences decision-making.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Understands the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product needs of the technical solutions. Identifies and propose strategies around technical problems affecting team, communicates standards and gets buy-in on solutions.
- Provides technical guidance, and mentoring.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
Supports vendor evaluation.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact cross functional teams. Researches and may propose new technologies.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years related experience; multi dimensional platform experience; expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Multi database and/or multi language strongly preferred. Experience mentoring others, leading multiple small projects and providing troubleshooting support is preferred.