Senior IT Consultant (Remote Work Possible)
Summary of Job
The Senior IT Consultant is a strategic position within the Informatics & Technology Services organization that will be expected to demonstrate expert-level industry knowledge in the assigned area. This role may be involved in coordinating any aspect of technology implementation or support for the assigned customer area(s) or operational program(s). Specific duties could include planning & design of technology solutions that fulfill customer objectives, communications of resource needs and options, coordination of installation efforts, issue management & resolution, or providing advisory services related to on-going technology-related optimizations. The Senior IT Consultant may work directly with DHS Executives, Leadership, and staff, IT department leadership, or individual IT staff and so must possess exemplary communications skills and team-supportive behaviors.
We pride ourselves in retaining our top talent by offering work environments that support professional development and personal success. In addition to our robust healthcare and retirement plans, we offer:
- Option for Relocation Allowance or Remote work arrangement
- Onsite children’s care centers (Infant through Pre-K)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free access to fitness centers, where health coaches are available to help with workout plans
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay, yearly opportunities for pay increases and bonuses
- Payactiv - pay advance program
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Collaborate with IT senior management, business leaders and stakeholders to understand strategic business initiatives and develop sound technical solutions that satisfy these needs.
- Possess expert knowledge, forward thinking and be well-versed in emerging technologies and trends.
- Ability to translate business need into a solid technical vision and strategy.
- Ensure that all components of our technical architecture are properly utilized, integrated and implemented.
- Promotes and implements organization security best practices into technical design of solutions.
- Provide mentorship and advisory services to IT and project teams to ensure solutions are in line with the architecture direction and business strategy.
- Collaborate to create and document standards and best practices to be utilized by other IT resources.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills necessary to articulate the value of a strong enterprise architecture to critical IT and business stakeholders.
- Maintain a broad understanding in area of expertise of new technology tools and trends, and apply that knowledge to future architectural designs.
- Demonstrate expert problem solving ability and analytical skills.
- Provides technical and project leadership for IT initiatives.
- Provides expert technical guidance to IT Staff, less experience Systems Engineers and Management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS/IS/ Informatics or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record in identifying, selecting and supporting complex technologies.
- 5+ years of IT work experience with demonstrated expert understanding of one or more technology areas:
- Compute Server/Storage/Virtualization Platforms
- Networking and Telecommunications
- End User Platforms
- Middleware Platforms